APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW: 23 January
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: MIDNIGHT, 27 February
DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP: 4 – 5 May
RESUBMISSION DATE AHEAD OF ONLINE DEVELOPMENT SESSIONS: 26 May
ONLINE SESSIONS: Between 8 – 20 June
PITCH DAY: 26 June
We’re seeking writer or writer, producer teams with outstanding concepts for a drama series for broadcast or streaming.
Who is eligible?
- Applications are open to permanent New Zealand residents or NZ citizens.
- Writer or writers, producer teams
- Emerging to mid-career practitioners
- Writers who demonstrate compelling storytelling, with complex characters that audiences will find engaging
- Producers who are at a stage where they can extend their skills to work effectively with commissioners and platforms
- Both the writer/s and producer/s of the scripted series concept attend Series Bootcamp development workshop on 4 & 5 May 2023, and the pitching day on 26 June 2023.
Note: Team members also need to be available to participate in an online 90-min feedback session taking place between 8 – 20 June, date and time to be agreed between teams and developer.
To apply you’ll need to submit the following
- Link to prior work
- A submission Document (10 pages max) including the following:
– Name of project
– The premise – who and what the series is about, including themes and style (first season only if your story could work as a returning series)
– World and tone of the series
– Include any historic, cultural, social or some other element the reader should know about
– The whole story, building from the pilot episode. Be clear about the core conflict (use broad strokes)
– Your central characters – no more than four
– Who you think the audience is
– Where you think your series belongs in terms of broadcasters or platforms
– A brief screen biography of each team member applying to come to Series Bootcamp
Please include a header with the lead applicant’s name and project title in the uploaded document.
Your document should not exceed ten pages (including any visual material/images you use). Selectors will only read up to page 10. If you need to merge multiple documents, you can use smallpdf.com for free.
3. A writing sample of the pilot episode’s first 5-10 pages (if your episode is under 33 min submit 5 pages. If it’s over 33min, submit 10 pages).