Script to Screen and Film Otago Southland are looking for new and emerging filmmakers with compelling, bold series story ideas suitable for development and viable for future production. Southern Pilots offers both talent and project development for three teams. The teams will have one-on-one advisor sessions and hear from industry speakers over a three-day development workshop, which aims to create outstanding pitch documents to present to potential producer partners and funders.
Southern Pilots kaupapa is to help creatives from Otago and Southland generate IP for local and international audiences. This will, in turn, increase activity in both regions and foster a strong creative network of screen practitioners.
12 February: Applications open now
19 February: 5:30 pm application information webinar. You can register for the webinar here
18 March: 1 pm applications close
21-23 June: 3-day workshop for selected teams
- All applicants / team members are NZ citizens or NZ Permanent Residents.
- All applicants / team members have permanent residence in the Otago or Southland region (proof required).
- Teams with scripted series suitable for any platform
- Teams have two or more members made up of writer, producer and director. However, the producer cannot also have the role of director.
- Applicants can submit more than one project – each project is a new application.
- Single team members can be part of different teams and in various roles but can only be part of one selected team.
- Three independent, experienced screen creators will be engaged to select compelling, bold stories suitable for development.
- Selectors will be looking for teams who demonstrate the talent and determination required to create a series.
- This programme is for new and emerging filmmakers who can benefit from the development programme.
- Preference will be given to projects either set in Otago and/or Southland or will very likely be shot in Otago and/or Southland.
Script to Screen will manage the application and selection process and design and deliver the development workshop. We have a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy that informs our work. Southern Pilots uses the NZFC definition for new and emerging filmmakers.
Please contact the team at Script to Screen, for any further questions. email@example.com
This development programme is possible thanks to funding from the New Zealand Film Commission.