We are pleased to announce the 8 short film writers and 1 producer that have been selected to be part of our 2018 South Shorts Mentorship Programme. This is the fourth year running this programme aimed to guide emerging South Auckland based writers and filmmakers to develop their short film scripts. Participants of this programme will attend a series of hub days and will be paired with an industry professional to receive on-going mentorship.
South Shorts Participants and Projects (L – R):
- John Rata – Home
- Lance Loughlin – Producer
- Ali Cowley – Guardians
- Talivale Papali’i – F.O.B
- Gemishka Chetty – The Manjal Loses its Colour
- Rafer Rautijoki – The House Guest
- Aiwa Pooamorn – Thai-Chinese Stay-at-home-mother vs White Male Politician
- Thomas Cullen – Te Wananga o Waikeria
- Afakasi Mano – The Neighbourhood
We look forward to working with you all. Thank you to everyone who applied.
This initiative is made possible with assistance from Foundation North.