APPLICATIONS CLOSED 20 JUNE 2021
Do you value storytelling for the screen? Script to Screen is the premier organisation delivering professional development training for screen practitioners, running an extensive range of programmes, events and opportunities throughout the year.
We seek a star Programmes and Communications Coordinator to join our small hard-working and high-achieving team. The successful applicant will be confident and adept at administrative tasks, a logistics whizz for STS events and initiatives, and a warm and friendly liaison with industry guilds and filmmakers.
You will be the heart of the organisation supporting team members to ensure events and programmes run well. This requires you to be IT savvy and have masses of initiative. Crucially, you are the hub for gathering and distributing programme and event information and ensuring STS communications reach their intended audience. You will have an exceptional eye for detail and be an excellent communicator both written and verbal, who manages to stay good humoured under pressure. Learning opportunities abound.
Our events and workshops are held on weekends and evenings so the ability to work flexible hours is required.
Script to Screen values inclusion and diversity. We offer a positive and collaborative environment, working with a passionate team. You will be an integral in facilitating the development of talent and projects for the screen.
This is a full time position based in Auckland
The Programme and Communications Coordinator’s role;
- assists the Script to Screen’s (STS) team with programming and events;
- is the central hub of communications for STS,
- prepares and delivers all STS communications & publications; including keeping social media platforms & websites up-to-date;
- gathers & collates data and maintains master spreadsheets for reporting purposes;
- completes other tasks as required to support the company’s strategic plan.
The tasks include:
- Being the first point of call for the community including answering the STS phone, clearing voicemails, responding to email inquiries and social media messages.
- Buying supplies for workshop and maintaining workshop kits
- Setting up, packing down and assisting at STS events as required
- Setting up and processing ticketing for STS events including communicating with ticket holders
- Setting up and processing applications for all of STS’s contestable initiatives
- Updating and maintaining StS’s websites
- Creating first draft of flyers distributed by Mailchimp for review, including sourcing images
- Posting events, initiatives and news on STS social media channels
- e-distribution of events and initiatives to industry networks and communities
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with other screen organisations’ and guilds’
- Booking flights and accommodation for staff, board, contractors and programme participants
- Updating the industry events calendar
- Maintaining all STS databases and master spreadsheets and ensuring integrity of the data
- Managing feedback and statistics for reporting
- Keeping SharePoint and OneDrive electronic files in order
- Editing and uploading audio recordings for podcasts, and liaising with post house
- Designing, creating and delivering programme booklets for development labs and initiatives
- Creating marketing collateral for STS programmes and events
- Staying on top of current Health and Safety requirements (including government restrictions around COVID-19) in collaboration with Administrative Support
- Keeping abreast of industry news/initiatives/opportunities/announcements
- Pitching in to keep the work environment clean and tidy
Must be proficient in at least three of the following programmes and have experience in most of them;
- Microsoft Office 365, especially Excel and OneDrive
- Adobe Suite, especially PhotoShop, InDesign and Premier Pro
- Google Toolbox
The applicant will be adept at appropriate social media posting on the following channels:
There is opportunity for on the job training for the applicant with the right skills.
Salary range is $51,000 to $58,500 dependant on experience.
Script to Screen’s values are;
COURAGE – We encourage creative risk taking
EXCELLENCE – We equip our storytellers with the skills to tell exceptional stories
TRUE CONNECTION – We embrace a collaborative approach, cultivate community, and support each other to produce our best work. Manaakitanga is evident in the way we work.
ROBUST – We support our storytellers to build sustainable and sustaining creative practices
RIGOUROUS – We challenge ourselves and our collaborators to apply critical reflection to our work and our industry
INCLUSIVE – We actively include the under-represented so the projects we support, and the people who make them reflect who we are
VISIONARY – We support and encourage great imagination and vision
To apply for the position please send a written application with a one page resume via jotform