FilmUp Application Information
Applications for 2022/23 are now open and close 27 June 2022, 11:59pm
Who is eligible?
- Screen practitioners (Writers, Directors and/or Producers) who have a feature project in development and are able to demonstrate that their project and career are at the right stage for mentorship and wrap-around support. Applications are also open to practitioners from another discipline (DOPs, Editors, Production Designers, Actors etc.) who are embarking on their first feature project as a Writer, Director or Producer.
- Permanent New Zealand residents or NZ citizens currently residing in Aotearoa.
What you’ll need to submit:
- A one-paragraph industry-related biography.
- Information on the feature project you will work on during the mentorship (including logline, one-page synopsis, stage of development, your role on the project and any key collaborators you might have attached)
- A brief description of where you are at in the process, and what the next steps/hurdles are.
- A list of other projects (feature film or documentary only) you have in development.
- A paragraph about why mentorship would be beneficial to you at this stage of your career, and what you would like to get out of the programme.
- Up to three links to selected previous work (It is not necessary to include everything. Put your best foot forward).
- Confirm your availability to attend these hub dates in person
- The hubs are all day, and travel costs will be covered by STS for participants outside of Auckland
- Fri 8 – Sat 9 September 2022
- Fri 21 October 2022
- Fri 16 December 2022
- Thurs 17 – Fri 17 Feb 2023
FilmUp is made possible thanks to financial assistance from the New Zealand Film Commission.