The South Shorts Mentorship programme returns in 2019 with 9 emerging filmmakers selected to take part in the programme. Under the leadership and guidance of renowned screenwriter Briar Grace-Smith and with input from other experienced mentors yet to be announced, participants will be taken through focused script mentorship for their short film projects.
Now in its fifth year, this programme is aimed at guiding emerging South Auckland based scriptwriters to develop their short film scripts. Participants of this programme will attend a series of hub days across five months and receive on-going mentorship throughout. These participants were selected after first attending the South Auckland Short Film Workshop held in November 2018.
The 9 filmmakers chosen for 2019 South Shorts Mentorship programme are:
- Maruia Jensen – MOVING ON
- Villa Junior Lemanu – USO MIO
- John Sagala – CAN I SEE YOU LICENSE
- Tīpare Iti – NIHO TANIWHA
- Luka Wolfgramm – ME AND SIRI
- Ngāriki Ngatae – TE ATAKURA
- Shirl’e Fruean – MIDNIGHT ESCAPE
- Gaby Solomona – SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE
- Bradley Holdaway – THE HOLE