Fresh Shorts identifies and nurtures the next generation of New Zealand filmmakers.
From 2019 Script to Screen is working in partnership with NZFC to deliver the Fresh Shorts programme.
Applications open on 14 June 2019 and close on 19 August 2019 at 1pm.
Any enquiries regarding Fresh Shorts should be directed to the Script to Screen Fresh Shorts Facilitator : email@example.com
What is Fresh Shorts?
- Fresh Shorts offers grants of $15,000 to new or emerging filmmakers to make a short film
- Filmmakers may have some experience, or they may be new to the screen industry
- More experienced filmmakers should apply for Catalyst He Kauahi funding
What NZFC will fund
The development and production of short films made by up-and-coming filmmakers.
- $90,000 of grants are available for the production of up to six short films.
Who can apply
New Zealand filmmakers of short film projects with:
- A director attached
- Applicants need a producer who is separate to the director
- First-time directors can apply for Fresh Shorts
- Availability to attend the Fresh Shorts Development Labs (writers, producers, and directors).
- Development Lab dates: 8 – 10 November 2019
How to apply
What you need to apply for Fresh Shorts
- Story – creative materials including a script
- Vision – information from the director
- Producer – statement and plans from the producer
- Budget – budget notes and financial plan
- Team – bios of key people
To stay informed, please subscribe to the Fresh Shorts updates mailing list.
You can also subscribe to the Script to Screen mailing list for news about events, workshops and development programmes for people working in the screen industry.
June 24, 2019
Get your script ready now! Applications open Friday 28 June. This year, Story Camp Aotearoa seeks feature film projects at any stage from treatment to advanced development. Up to eight selected writers or creative teams will participate in a rigorous five-day experience designed specifically to meet the development needs of their feature film project.... Read more
June 17, 2019
Got a script on development? Have you thought about your audience? Join us at this Script to Screen TALK and find out what local distributors consider before they take on a film for distribution.... Read more
June 13, 2019
The Fresh Shorts programme offers grants of up to $15,000 to six new or emerging filmmaker teams to make a short film. The 2019 round of Fresh Shorts is now open. ... Read more
June 9, 2019
The NZFC are pleased to announce a partnership with Script to Screen to deliver the Fresh Shorts programme. The Fresh Shorts programme offers grants of up to $15,000 to six new or emerging filmmaker teams to make a short film.... Read more