Story Camp Aotearoa is a residential feature film workshop that fosters craft, voice and vision. Talented New Zealand filmmakers workshop their projects with exceptional international and local advisors. The week long workshop is crafted around the specific needs of the chosen teams.
This year we are proud to pilot Story Camp Advanced, a workshop for creative teams with feature film projects close to production. The selection panel of producer Philippa Campbell, director Hamish Bennett and producer Tim White were impressed by the calibre of the ideas and the talented teams behind them.
The selected teams participating in Story Camp Advanced are:
- Ainsley Gardiner, Briar Grace-Smith, Reikura Kahi and Tearepa Kahi with COUSINS
- Gaysorn Thavat, Sophie Henderson, Emma Slade and Ginny Loane with THE JUSTICE OF BUNNY KING
- Jan Oliver Lucks, Alex Reed, Alexander Behse and Natalie Medlock with THERE’S NO I IN THREESOME
- Michael Bennett, Chloe Smith and Jane Holland with YEAR OF THE LION
- Michelle Saville, Desray Armstrong, Eli Kent & Andrew Stroud with MILLIE LIES LOW
- Matthew J Saville and Desray Armstrong with JUNIPER
Story Camp Aotearoa is made possible with financial assistance from the New Zealand Film Commission
March 21, 2019
Eight new scripted stories by, for and about Pasifika and Asian peoples have been selected for development under a new initiative from NZ On Air. The teams selected will participate in a development programme run by Script to Screen, including follow up mentoring to guide them as they prepare to submit production funding applications.... Read more
Producer Jeff Wexler (Studio Ghibli, Studio Ponoc) joins us from Tokyo to share insights into successfully bringing culturally specific stories to global audiences. The session includes a screening of Studio Ponoc’s newest film, MODEST HEROES: PONOC SHORT FILMS THEATRE, VOLUME 1. ... Read more
We are sad to say that this talk has been cancelled due to illness. We apologise for any inconvenience, our thoughts are with Alanis and we hope for her speedy recovery.... Read more
March 7, 2019
Script to Screen and Show Me Shorts Film Festival are proud to announce the names of eight screenwriters who have been selected from 72 applicants, to participate in the 2019 Aotearoa Short Film Lab. ... Read more