Story Camp Aotearoa is a residential feature film workshop that fosters craft, voice and vision. Talented New Zealand filmmakers workshop their projects with exceptional international and local advisors. The week long workshop is crafted around the specific needs of the chosen teams.
This year we are proud to pilot Story Camp Advanced, a workshop for creative teams with feature film projects close to production. The selection panel of producer Philippa Campbell, director Hamish Bennett and producer Tim White were impressed by the calibre of the ideas and the talented teams behind them.
The selected teams participating in Story Camp Advanced are:
- Ainsley Gardiner, Briar Grace-Smith, Reikura Kahi and Tearepa Kahi with COUSINS
- Gaysorn Thavat, Sophie Henderson, Emma Slade and Ginny Loane with THE JUSTICE OF BUNNY KING
- Jan Oliver Lucks, Alex Reed, Alexander Behse and Natalie Medlock with THERE’S NO I IN THREESOME
- Michael Bennett, Chloe Smith and Jane Holland with YEAR OF THE LION
- Michelle Saville, Desray Armstrong, Eli Kent & Andrew Stroud with MILLIE LIES LOW
- Matthew J Saville and Desray Armstrong with JUNIPER
Story Camp Aotearoa is made possible with financial assistance from the New Zealand Film Commission
Ten drama series have been awarded development funding from NZ on Air and the New Zealand Film Commission and will attend the Series Drama Lab where international advisors will give feedback on story and market to assist the teams to further develop their concepts and strengthen appeal to the international marketplace.... Read more
May 21, 2019, 6:30pm, Galatos, 17 Galatos St, Auckland
Interested in finding the sweet spot between great stories and responsible representation? ... Read more
Watch a highlight from Jane Campion’s session at the Big Screen Symposium 2015... Read more
February 28, 2017, 6:30-8pm, STUDIO ONE - TOI TU, AUCKLAND
Script to Screen and WIFT NZ present an international panel with speakers from WIFT's Co-Production Summit, focussing this year on German/NZ co-productions. Hear them discuss the transition from a traditional foreign market structure to an SVoD-led environment.... Read more