Script to Screen is a talent development organisation for New Zealand filmmakers that runs a year round programme of workshops, talks, writers’ labs, mentorship programmes and the screen industry’s premium annual event, Big Screen Symposium. We are looking for a capable assistant to join our dynamic team.
The successful applicant will be equally adept at administrative tasks, setting up and supporting the team at workshops and events, and being a warm and friendly liaison with industry guilds and filmmakers.
Experience working in Office365, updating social media platforms, and familiarity with wordpress will give you the advantage.
This role is a fulltime (37.5 hour week) junior position, which requires some evening and weekend work. The Office Assistant’s role is to assist the Executive Director and the manager of Programmes and Operations and to be responsible for day-to-day tasks that include:
- Being the first point of call for the community including answering the STS phone, clearing voicemails, responding to email inquiries.
- Clearing the PO box, banking
- Keeping the the work environment clean and tidy, restocking office provisions
- Buying supplies for workshop and maintain workshop kits
- Setting up and packing down all STS events and assisting at events as required
- Setting up and processing applications for all STS contestable initiatives
- Updating and maintaining StS’s websites
- Posting events, initiatives and news on STS social media
- e-distribution of events and initiatives to industry networks
- Maintaining the industry events calendar
- Booking flights and accommodation for STS staff, board, contractors and programme participants
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with other screen organizations’ and guilds’
- Attending board meeting to take minutes
- Maintaining all STS databases and master spreadsheets, including a CRM system
- Migrating STS electronic filing from dropbox to Office365
- Keeping electronic files in order and ensuring files are backed up
- Coding transactions on monthly credit card statements
- Assisting with data entry in Xero accounting app
- Paper filing of bookkeeping documents
- Editing and uploading audio recordings for podcasts
- Providing support with IT requirements
- Sound oral and written skills
- Sound organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, and independently.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook and other programmes within Office365.
- Experience with, or the ability to quickly learn, other cloud based apps including Campaign Monitor, JotForm, Eventbrite, WordPress, Xero.
- Friendly personality with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexibility with when the 37.5 hours are worked
The rate of pay is between $20 and $22 per hour depending on the experience of the successful applicant.
Applications close 9am Monday 19th March.
June 7, 2018 - June 7, 2018, Auckland
We are excited to bring you award winning Australian producer, Kath Shelper (SAMSON AND DELILAH,TENDER, BLACK COMEDY) in conversation with Philippa Campbell (TOP OF THE LAKE) about how she has shepherded projects for the screen through unconventional paths, enabling talented writers and directors to find their voice & their audience.... Read more
April 27, 2018
Script to Screen is proud to award eight filmmakers places on the 2018 FilmUp Mentorship Programme. FilmUp is our high-end... Read more
March 28, 2018
EPISODIC LAB AOTEAROA is our brand new pilot programme and is an initiative designed to develop distinctive NZ writing talent in television drama. Up to 8 writers and/or teams will be awarded a place in the immersive lab where they will workshop their concepts with experienced television writers from NZ, Australia and beyond.... Read more
March 13, 2018
Stallone Vaiaoga-Ioasa shares how he made two self-funded feature films ... and made a profit. ... Read more