Script to Screen is a talent development organisation for New Zealand filmmakers that runs a year round programme of workshops, talks, writers’ labs, mentorship programmes and the screen industry’s premium annual event, Big Screen Symposium. We are looking for a capable assistant to join our dynamic team.
The successful applicant will be equally adept at administrative tasks, setting up and supporting the team at workshops and events, and being a warm and friendly liaison with industry guilds and filmmakers.
Experience working in Office365, updating social media platforms, and familiarity with wordpress will give you the advantage.
This role is a fulltime (37.5 hour week) junior position, which requires some evening and weekend work. The Office Assistant’s role is to assist the Executive Director and the manager of Programmes and Operations and to be responsible for day-to-day tasks that include:
- Being the first point of call for the community including answering the STS phone, clearing voicemails, responding to email inquiries.
- Clearing the PO box, banking
- Keeping the the work environment clean and tidy, restocking office provisions
- Buying supplies for workshop and maintain workshop kits
- Setting up and packing down all STS events and assisting at events as required
- Setting up and processing applications for all STS contestable initiatives
- Updating and maintaining StS’s websites
- Posting events, initiatives and news on STS social media
- e-distribution of events and initiatives to industry networks
- Maintaining the industry events calendar
- Booking flights and accommodation for STS staff, board, contractors and programme participants
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with other screen organizations’ and guilds’
- Attending board meeting to take minutes
- Maintaining all STS databases and master spreadsheets, including a CRM system
- Migrating STS electronic filing from dropbox to Office365
- Keeping electronic files in order and ensuring files are backed up
- Coding transactions on monthly credit card statements
- Assisting with data entry in Xero accounting app
- Paper filing of bookkeeping documents
- Editing and uploading audio recordings for podcasts
- Providing support with IT requirements
- Sound oral and written skills
- Sound organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, and independently.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook and other programmes within Office365.
- Experience with, or the ability to quickly learn, other cloud based apps including Campaign Monitor, JotForm, Eventbrite, WordPress, Xero.
- Friendly personality with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexibility with when the 37.5 hours are worked
The rate of pay is between $20 and $22 per hour depending on the experience of the successful applicant.
Applications close 9am Monday 19th March.
The South Shorts Mentorship programme returns in 2019 with 9 emerging filmmakers selected to take part in the programme..... Read more
December 22, 2018
Script to Screen is delighted to announce the appointment of Jackie Dennis as our new Executive Director. She steps up to the role having worked in programmes and operations with departing ED Esther Cahill-Chiaroni over the past 18-months. Throughout her career Jackie has worked closely with creative practitioners in music, literature and film, nurturing careers and advocating for the arts.... Read more
November 30, 2018
We are delighted to announce nine esteemed advisors will join us for the rigourous programme of group workshops, team sessions and individual sessions carefully crafted to serve feature film projects in advanced development.... Read more
November 28, 2018
The selected teams participating in Story Camp Advanced are...... Read more