Script to Screen is a talent development organisation for New Zealand filmmakers that runs a year round programme of workshops, talks, writers’ labs, mentorship programmes and the screen industry’s premium annual event, Big Screen Symposium. We are looking for a capable assistant to join our dynamic team.
The successful applicant will be equally adept at administrative tasks, setting up and supporting the team at workshops and events, and being a warm and friendly liaison with industry guilds and filmmakers.
Experience working in Office365, updating social media platforms, and familiarity with wordpress will give you the advantage.
This role is a fulltime (37.5 hour week) junior position, which requires some evening and weekend work. The Office Assistant’s role is to assist the Executive Director and the manager of Programmes and Operations and to be responsible for day-to-day tasks that include:
- Being the first point of call for the community including answering the STS phone, clearing voicemails, responding to email inquiries.
- Clearing the PO box, banking
- Keeping the the work environment clean and tidy, restocking office provisions
- Buying supplies for workshop and maintain workshop kits
- Setting up and packing down all STS events and assisting at events as required
- Setting up and processing applications for all STS contestable initiatives
- Updating and maintaining StS’s websites
- Posting events, initiatives and news on STS social media
- e-distribution of events and initiatives to industry networks
- Maintaining the industry events calendar
- Booking flights and accommodation for STS staff, board, contractors and programme participants
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with other screen organizations’ and guilds’
- Attending board meeting to take minutes
- Maintaining all STS databases and master spreadsheets, including a CRM system
- Migrating STS electronic filing from dropbox to Office365
- Keeping electronic files in order and ensuring files are backed up
- Coding transactions on monthly credit card statements
- Assisting with data entry in Xero accounting app
- Paper filing of bookkeeping documents
- Editing and uploading audio recordings for podcasts
- Providing support with IT requirements
- Sound oral and written skills
- Sound organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, and independently.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook and other programmes within Office365.
- Experience with, or the ability to quickly learn, other cloud based apps including Campaign Monitor, JotForm, Eventbrite, WordPress, Xero.
- Friendly personality with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexibility with when the 37.5 hours are worked
The rate of pay is between $20 and $22 per hour depending on the experience of the successful applicant.
Applications close 9am Monday 19th March.
September 23, 2018
Script to Screen Executive Director Esther Cahill-Chiaroni will step down from the role at the beginning of next year after... Read more
October 26, 2018 - October 27, 2018, ASB Waterfront Theatre
The theme of #BigScreen18 Tuning into the Zeitgeist explores the forces that influence us both collectively and alone.... Read more
October 9, 2018 - October 10, 2018
DUNEDIN: 9am-12:30pm Tuesday 9 October CHRISTCHURCH: 9am-12:30pm Wednesday 10 October... Read more
Script to Screen pilots Story Camp Advanced, a workshop for creative teams with feature film projects close to production. If awarded a place, a workshop process will be crafted around the specific needs of your project and team.... Read more