Who is Story Camp Aotearoa for?
Story Camp is for writers or writing teams that are developing feature films. A complete draft or full treatment of a feature film is the only prerequisite for eligibility. The writers’ key collaborators may also be invited to attend Story Camp for some of the five-day workshop.
Chosen writers will have exciting feature film projects that will benefit from intensive workshopping.
Previous attendees can apply again, and writers can submit more than one application provided they are currently actively developing the stories.
To apply, you will need to provide the following:
– A 1-2 page synopsis of your feature script. This should be a document that clearly conveys your film’s story.
– the first 20 pages of your feature film script as a writing sample. If you want to submit 20 consecutive pages from another part of the film, please ring the Script to Screen office to discuss – 09 360 5400.
– The full draft of your feature film script (if it is at draft stage) OR a full treatment if it is at treatment stage (note: if you submit a treatment you still need to write and submit 20 sample pages of the film script).
– A 1-page personal statement about where you feel the script is at, what you want to gain from the workshop process, and who else from your team you are suggesting attends the workshop.
– Links to prior produced work if you are a writer/director, or to your director’s prior produced work if you are collaborating with a director.
– A maximum half-page bio of you and each of your key collaborators.
NB: The application process will remain blind until final shortlist stage – and for this reason we ask that the synopsis, writing sample, statement and full script or treatment are NOT headed with the writer’s name, only the name of the project.
If you make the final shortlist you will be required for an interview via Skype.
You will also need to pay the $20.00 application fee. If you are facing economic hardship and are unable to pay the application fee for this reason, please contact email@example.com or call us on 09 360 5400.
Applications Open: 9am Tuesday 26 July 2016.
Applications Close: 5pm, Monday 29 August 2016
Story Camp Dates: November 28 – December 3 2016
Story Camp Aotearoa is brought to you with financial assistance from the New Zealand Film Commission.
June 24, 2019
Get your script ready now! Applications open Friday 28 June. This year, Story Camp Aotearoa seeks feature film projects at any stage from treatment to advanced development. Up to eight selected writers or creative teams will participate in a rigorous five-day experience designed specifically to meet the development needs of their feature film project.... Read more
June 17, 2019
Got a script on development? Have you thought about your audience? Join us at this Script to Screen TALK and find out what local distributors consider before they take on a film for distribution.... Read more
June 13, 2019
The Fresh Shorts programme offers grants of up to $15,000 to six new or emerging filmmaker teams to make a short film. The 2019 round of Fresh Shorts is now open. ... Read more
June 9, 2019
The NZFC are pleased to announce a partnership with Script to Screen to deliver the Fresh Shorts programme. The Fresh Shorts programme offers grants of up to $15,000 to six new or emerging filmmaker teams to make a short film.... Read more