Who is Story Camp Aotearoa for?
Story Camp is for writers or writing teams that are developing feature films. A complete draft or full treatment of a feature film is the only prerequisite for eligibility. The writers’ key collaborators may also be invited to attend Story Camp for some of the five-day workshop.
Chosen writers will have exciting feature film projects that will benefit from intensive workshopping.
Previous attendees can apply again, and writers can submit more than one application provided they are currently actively developing the stories.
To apply, you will need to provide the following:
– A 1-2 page synopsis of your feature script. This should be a document that clearly conveys your film’s story.
– the first 20 pages of your feature film script as a writing sample. If you want to submit 20 consecutive pages from another part of the film, please ring the Script to Screen office to discuss – 09 360 5400.
– The full draft of your feature film script (if it is at draft stage) OR a full treatment if it is at treatment stage (note: if you submit a treatment you still need to write and submit 20 sample pages of the film script).
– A 1-page personal statement about where you feel the script is at, what you want to gain from the workshop process, and who else from your team you are suggesting attends the workshop.
– Links to prior produced work if you are a writer/director, or to your director’s prior produced work if you are collaborating with a director.
– A maximum half-page bio of you and each of your key collaborators.
NB: The application process will remain blind until final shortlist stage – and for this reason we ask that the synopsis, writing sample, statement and full script or treatment are NOT headed with the writer’s name, only the name of the project.
If you make the final shortlist you will be required for an interview via Skype.
You will also need to pay the $20.00 application fee. If you are facing economic hardship and are unable to pay the application fee for this reason, please contact email@example.com or call us on 09 360 5400.
Applications Open: 9am Tuesday 26 July 2016.
Applications Close: 5pm, Monday 29 August 2016
Story Camp Dates: November 28 – December 3 2016
Story Camp Aotearoa is brought to you with financial assistance from the New Zealand Film Commission.
July 23, 2017 - August 6, 2017, Wintergarden at The Civic Theatre and ASB Waterfront Theatre
Script to Screen is thrilled to partner with the NZ International Film Festival to present a series of TALKS with the filmmakers behind: MY YEAR WITH HELEN, MOUNTAIN, WARU and GOD'S OWN COUNTRY. ... Read more
Script to Screen partners with Australia’s Compton School to launch a pioneering programme for New Zealand filmmakers
May 30, 2017
'Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people' - Steve Jobs... Read more
At the April Auckland Writer's Room, two of our most esteemed writers, novelist Lloyd Jones and playwright/television writer Roger Hall, spoke candidly with playwright/screenwriter/director Stephen Sinclair about their techniques for developing those memorable characters that stay with us, long after the book has been read or the play has been seen.... Read more
July 12, 2015 - July 12, 2015
Script to Screen and the New Zealand Writers Guild present a special discussion with award-winning Mexican screenwriter Guillermo Arriaga. Arriaga talks to Robyn Malcolm about his writing philosophy, craft, and process at this AUT hosted event.... Read more