Who is Story Camp Aotearoa for?
Story Camp is for writers or writing teams that are developing feature films. A complete draft or full treatment of a feature film is the only prerequisite for eligibility. The writers’ key collaborators may also be invited to attend Story Camp for some of the five-day workshop.
Chosen writers will have exciting feature film projects that will benefit from intensive workshopping.
Previous attendees can apply again, and writers can submit more than one application provided they are currently actively developing the stories.
To apply, you will need to provide the following:
– A 1-2 page synopsis of your feature script. This should be a document that clearly conveys your film’s story.
– the first 20 pages of your feature film script as a writing sample. If you want to submit 20 consecutive pages from another part of the film, please ring the Script to Screen office to discuss – 09 360 5400.
– The full draft of your feature film script (if it is at draft stage) OR a full treatment if it is at treatment stage (note: if you submit a treatment you still need to write and submit 20 sample pages of the film script).
– A 1-page personal statement about where you feel the script is at, what you want to gain from the workshop process, and who else from your team you are suggesting attends the workshop.
– Links to prior produced work if you are a writer/director, or to your director’s prior produced work if you are collaborating with a director.
– A maximum half-page bio of you and each of your key collaborators.
NB: The application process will remain blind until final shortlist stage – and for this reason we ask that the synopsis, writing sample, statement and full script or treatment are NOT headed with the writer’s name, only the name of the project.
If you make the final shortlist you will be required for an interview via Skype.
You will also need to pay the $20.00 application fee. If you are facing economic hardship and are unable to pay the application fee for this reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 09 360 5400.
Applications Open: 9am Tuesday 26 July 2016.
Applications Close: 5pm, Monday 29 August 2016
Story Camp Dates: November 28 – December 3 2016
Story Camp Aotearoa is brought to you with financial assistance from the New Zealand Film Commission.
March 15, 2018
Script to Screen and Show Me Shorts Film Festival have announced the eight screenwriters who have been selected to participate in the 2018 Aotearoa Short Film Lab, a prestigious hothouse mentoring scheme for screenwriters and aspiring screenwriters. The Lab offers participants the opportunity to develop their short film concepts and scripts with the guidance and advice of experienced industry mentors during a full-day immersive workshop.... Read more
Stallone Vaiaoga-Ioasa shares how he made two self-funded feature films ... and made a profit. ... Read more
March 8, 2018
Script to Screen is delighted to launch a brand new pilot programme to develop distinctive writing talent in television drama, EPISODIC LAB AOTEAROA. Selected writers and/or teams will workshop their concepts with television writer advisors from NZ and beyond, and will receive follow up mentoring and support including introductions to executives from production houses, television platforms and funders. Thank you to NZ On Air, Lightbox, NZ Film Commission and Images & Sound for making this possible.... Read more
March 5, 2018
Script to Screen is a talent development organisation for New Zealand filmmakers that runs a year round programme of workshops,... Read more